Check out the latest server media and come play - New updates and content are live!Latest Server Media
Welcome to Simplicity
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Important Information/Eco Reset

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Apache Ah64

Apache Ah64

Simplicity Developer

• Developer

• rsps
  • 8 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 35m 2s

the whole point of the reset is making everybody start from 0 again.. 1 dp / 1$ is fair, giving out any type on bonus will make the server flood again...

Let me clarify regarding the bonus. The 400$ package in the store has 150 bonus points. I'm simply converting what the amount they donated in total, to the packages currently in the store making it a fair refund? Please clarify if you disagree with me.

• divine winds likes this

Distinction

Distinction

Rock Crab (level: 13)

• Members
  • rsps
  • 22 posts
  • Time Online: 8h 16m 36s

Meh i don't think its a terrible idea but we'll definitely lose a few players... Guess we can all see it as a fresh start..

Distinction

Distinction

• Members
  • rsps
  • 22 posts

Also, this is gonna be extremely tough for iron men.. Is there not something you could maybe apprehend to allow iron men players some kind of head start, due to the difficulty?

haantje30

haantje30

Glacor (level: 188)

• Ex-Staff

• rsps
  • 237 posts
  • Username(s):Haantje30
  • Time Online: 15d 6h 50m 11s

Let me clarify regarding the bonus. The 400$ package in the store has 150 bonus points. I'm simply converting what the amount they donated in total, to the packages currently in the store making it a fair refund? Please clarify if you disagree with me.

giving dpoints back is in my opinion the wrong thing to do. The eco will be flooded with more rares then there are atm... why? most rares are gone with banned people, blow addict for example, or are in banks of old gamblers who quit/dont want to get rid of em: Zakk/illabelz for example.

Take illa: he has 4.6k? in name? so he gets like 5k d points? he can buy everything 2 or 3 times.. I mean how's that cleaning an economy? This way u punish new people/non donators, you quite literally fuck ( pardon my french) ironmen and all of this will make people quit bc they feel worthless when compared to donators.

I don't have an ironman myself, but please just keep them out of this, ESPECIALLY Jeff and irony. Those buds grinded their asses of like the addicted idiots they are and got everything the way it is intended to be.

An eco clean is great, i totally agree, but the way you guys are doing it right now makes me feel like there should be put more thinking into in.

1 plus: FINALLY PEOPLE ARE GAMBLING

add on: Don't take any of this personal, i'm trying to think in the best interest of the server. I think it's wicked stuff is happening and am EXTREMELY excited to see the future!

• Jefferygods, Infamous, Durial 321 and 1 other like this

Typui

Typui

Abyssal Demon (level: 124)

• Respected Member

• rsps
  • 150 posts
  • Username(s):Typui
  • Time Online: 9d 3h 41m 4s
Btw Rip players who donated in name...
Als i have mixed feelings about reset on iron mens aswell, like in te rare boss drops they could keep them from me tjey worked hard for them (not saying not ironmen didn't but id guess you got my point.) But like resourses as magic logs etc could be removed. Like I just cut 20k magic logs and planned useing them this dxpw but they will be gone witch will set me back a little to alot on the exp grind.

Typui

Typui

• Respected Member

• rsps
  • 150 posts
  • Username(s):Typui
  • Time Online: 9d 3h 41m 4s

I think Apache got a good point here because when you donate lets say $100 you not only get 100 points but 50 points bonus.

haantje30

haantje30

• Ex-Staff

• rsps
  • 237 posts

Btw Rip players who donated in name...
Als i have mixed feelings about reset on iron mens aswell, like in te rare boss drops they could keep them from me tjey worked hard for them (not saying not ironmen didn't but id guess you got my point.) But like resourses as magic logs etc could be removed. Like I just cut 20k magic logs and planned useing them this dxpw but they will be gone witch will set me back a little to alot on the exp grind.

Tell me about it, got 40k of em

Jefferygods

Jefferygods

• MOTM

• rsps
  • 126 posts
  • Time Online: 7d 14h 38m 22s

This is unfair for ironmans as they dont affect the eco like they didnt buy their items or sell them and they got their items legitly.

No respect for Ironmans who donates!

Posted Image

Simpleman

Simpleman

• Members
  • rsps
  • 23 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 18h 26m 23s
Won't the server just be in the same situation in a few months? How is this a long term fix, or what else is going to be done to prevent another eco reset in a few months? Don't want to grind for stuff if there's a chance I'll lose it all again in a few months. Why not just adjust drop rates on rares? Anyone who's diamond+ is going to get most of their end-game gear back immediately with DPs anyhow.

And definitely second the opinions on Ironmen. Maybe leave them us be but disable the option for any ironman accounts created before the eco to be permanent ironmen, and not able to change their account type? It'd have no affect on the eco.

Edit: Also, if it's definitely happening, can we PLEASE do it before dbxp starts instead of in the middle of it?

Pker Omg

Pker Omg

Gold donator

• Gold Donator

• rsps
  • 154 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 15h 19m 49s
When is this surprise thing for old players buddha said????

Every donor gold+ should get same amount of point

vhtfuw.jpg

axiioo.png

Heroic

Heroic

Noob (level: 3)

• Members
  • rsps
  • 10 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 7h 43m 59s
Well, if it's necessary... Maybe there should be a donor point cap? Also I'd do it today or tomorrow, that might result in less people quitting and it doesn't really matter that much I think.

chacksen

chacksen

• Members
  • rsps
  • 12 posts
  • Username(s):Chacksen; ChacksenRS
  • Time Online: 22h 34m 7s

I really think that an economy reset would be a great idea.

Having a rare item isnt actually a big thing.. It is more like having 50 of them.

There is no economy anymore.

You should think about what you need to keep the Economy!

Cus the same thing is going to happen in a few months, if you dont!

Just saying, I've had so many eco resets in my past, and honestly.. that works for a few months.

There have to be major changes

- - - even lower drops rates, less money for thieving, less money dropped from PVM, lower alch prices.

- - - Drop the well of goodwill to only 2 hours double xp for paying 100m

- - - Add 3 Gamemodes / 3 different XP Modes / 250 x RS / 100 x RS / 50 x RS for Example.

- - to get rid of the 2b XP in a skill. lmao. think of prestiging summoning @ 2b XP
- - just lower the xp rate @ different game modes with different benefits 

Example:

Master - - - - - - - - -.- - - - - - - - Legend - - - - -Lord

50x XP as Real RS - - - - - - - - 100x RS- - - -  - 250x RS

even Slower Prayer Drain-  slower prayer drain - - -- - - - 

Increased Droprate by 2%- - - -  by 1% - - -- - -- - - - - -

Keep 1 more item on death

etc. 

Think abou tit.

chacksen

haantje30

haantje30

• Ex-Staff

• rsps
  • 237 posts

Having a rare item isnt actually a big thing.. It is more like having 50 of them.

Just saying, I've had so many eco resets in my past, and honestly.. that works for a few months.

- - - even lower drops rates, less money for thieving, less money dropped from PVM, lower alch prices.

- - - Add 3 Gamemodes / 3 different XP Modes / 250 x RS / 100 x RS / 50 x RS for Example.

- - to get rid of the 2b XP in a skill. lmao. think of prestiging summoning @ 2b XP

Example:

etc. 

Think abou tit.

chacksen

put this @ suggestions bro

• Distinction likes this

norii123

norii123

• Members
  • rsps
  • 10 posts
  • Time Online: 15h 5m 1s

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22-04-17 day simpli will die!@#!@#!@#!@#!

wastes so much time playing this game and making bank and for what for a fucking eco reset.

they could better add some new items in game and make some bosses drop lyke drygore and shit but no they chose easy way to reset eco.

still no zulrah btw right,,,,,,,,

• Heroic likes this

Distinction

Distinction

• Members
  • rsps
  • 22 posts

Example:

etc. 

Think abou tit.

chacksen

Who r u

Distinction

Distinction

• Members
  • rsps
  • 22 posts

Won't the server just be in the same situation in a few months? How is this a long term fix, or what else is going to be done to prevent another eco reset in a few months? Don't want to grind for stuff if there's a chance I'll lose it all again in a few months. Why not just adjust drop rates on rares? Anyone who's diamond+ is going to get most of their end-game gear back immediately with DPs anyhow.

And definitely second the opinions on Ironmen. Maybe leave them us be but disable the option for any ironman accounts created before the eco to be permanent ironmen, and not able to change their account type? It'd have no affect on the eco.

Edit: Also, if it's definitely happening, can we PLEASE do it before dbxp starts instead of in the middle of it?

They already said, duped items were brought into the eco, along with smuggled items.

No offence either, your iron man suggestion is stupid. Having an iron man thats irrevesile is stupid, would just pressure people to quit when they cant be bothered to be an ironman. Not many iron men are gonna think eco reset im gonna throw away all my effort for a head start when half the community with dollars donated are gonna have a slight benefit.

Maybe disable the whole revesing your iron man for a few weeks till eco has a slight balance would be a better idea.

Simpleman

Simpleman

• Members
  • rsps
  • 23 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 18h 26m 23s

They already said, duped items were brought into the eco, along with smuggled items.

No offence either, your iron man suggestion is stupid. Having an iron man thats irrevesile is stupid, would just pressure people to quit when they cant be bothered to be an ironman. Not many iron men are gonna think eco reset im gonna throw away all my effort for a head start when half the community with dollars donated are gonna have a slight benefit.

Maybe disable the whole revesing your iron man for a few weeks till eco has a slight balance would be a better idea.

So the only reason people think the eco is terrible is because of duped and "smuggled" items? Lolk.

It was just something to think about. I have a decent Ironman account, but I think if they don't reset Ironmen then we shouldn't be able to turn our accounts into normal accounts and have people possibly take advantage of that. I would be surprised if they didn't reset Ironmen so it's a moot point anyways.

Also, you contradicted yourself. People would quit if being an Ironman is irreversible, but not many Ironmen would even switch their account status for the sake of their achievements?

Pariah

Pariah

• Maxed
  • rsps
  • 13 posts
  • Username(s):Pariah, I Dung I
  • Time Online: 1d 15h 23m 49s

I, for one, believe very firmly that this is the best possible decision on their part. I've been part of the rsps community since '09, and I've gone by many names. I've run servers, and people will always react harshly to what's best for the server. Keep up the good work, staff. I support your decision.

That's the big thing here, guys. You should be
supportive of our wonderful staff and dev team. They're doing what they believe to be best for the server. It's alright to disagree with it, but to behave like a a childish malcontent is simply improper. If you feel that they're in the wrong, just wait it out. See how it rolls over before you start making petty accusations. Yes, you can support the decisions you disagree with. The people making them know much, much more about the state of things than you possibly could.

That's just my two-cents.

• D J likes this

now_we_re_getting_it_again__by_archeden-

Want a sig like mine? Something different entirely? Click my signature and fill out a request! I need the practice, folks.

a s m r

a s m r

• Members
  • rsps
  • 8 posts
  • Time Online: 7h 52m 58s

Hey just so I'm clear, if I spent 100$ at once with the intention of receiving the additional 50 donor points... I will only get the 100 donor points?

All you youngins with an attitude problem... calm down... we're playing games here.

iVenom

iVenom

• Members
  • rsps
  • 2 posts
  • Time Online: 3h 18m 50s

I dont think scrolls should be Refunded. thats the point of donating in your own name. if i buy a shit ton of scrolls. why would i get donator points with the reset? those points should be reset from players donator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users