Check out the latest server media and come play - New updates and content are live!Latest Server Media
Welcome to Simplicity
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Weight Scale Ban at the Gym?

10 replies to this topic

Infamous

Infamous

Revenant Imp (level: 91)

• Ironman

• rsps
  • 116 posts
  • Username(s):Infamous
  • Clan:Help
  • Time Online: 6d 29m 58s

So, crazy thing. My university is banning scales from our gym.

Why? Because it triggers people with eating disorders :kappa: 

Is my university becoming a living meme?

Opinions would be greatly appreciated. I have my own on the matter, but what about everyone else?

detective.jpg

-Infamous-

-Clue-

Cow

Cow

• rsps
  • 288 posts
  • Username(s):Coww, Cow Skiller
  • Time Online: 13d 21h 29m 17s

Seems pretty weird, maintaining/tracking weight is an important part of lifting weights. Would be equivalent of them removing bars from the gym because the straightness triggers people...

Posted Image

D J

D J

Manager

• Manager

• rsps
  • 239 posts
  • Time Online: 16d 15h 15m 10s

Tbh, the whole world is fucked now. No matter what your political preference is, no college student should need a "safe place" and not have to take their college course tests because someone they didn't want elected got elected. I think it genuinely shows how fucked our generation is. 

As for this your statement, yes, your university is a joke lol. It's the same thing with Planet Fitness not allowing people that are "too big" because it makes overweight/smaller figured people at the gym feel uncomfortable. It's just dumb.

Sorry if anyone doesn't agree.

• Prophet and Rangeallday like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rank #1 on Hiscores

-First to get Completionist Cape!

willus

willus

Administrator

• Administrator

• rsps
  • 213 posts
  • Username(s):Willus, William, Airjordan
  • Time Online: 14d 3h 12m 16s

The gym that I used to go to recently removed all the mirrors because some people were taking pictures of overweight people and posting it on Facebook. They should have just removed the people and not the mirrors.

• S U O M I likes this

Decode

Decode

Hill Giant (level: 28)

• Banned

• rsps
  • 29 posts
  • Username(s):Decode
Wow that seems like such a stupid thing for a University to do but yeah i guess thats how the world is now, everyone is too sensitive which makes this generation look like a bunch of wimps.

Infamous

Infamous

• Ironman

• rsps
  • 116 posts
  • Username(s):Infamous
  • Time Online: 6d 29m 58s

Yeah, I don't really get it either. Thanks for the responses by the way, but as I see it people with eating disorder should at least slightly realize what to expect at a gym. Weight scales being one of them. If you don't like seeing your weight on a scale then don't use one until you have built up some confidence. Moreover, I don't believe that people should be going there to begin with if they're that unstable. I'm going through school for neuropsychology, and if a person can't handle looking at a weight scale then they should really consider seeing a psychiatrist.

I realize that mental illnesses, including eating disorders are serious. However, individuals with conditions like that should not negatively affect an entire community in the way it is here. There are other ways to go about it that will be much more helpful for those affected by the disorder, and the others surrounding them.

detective.jpg

-Infamous-

-Clue-

Humbledude150

Humbledude150

Noob (level: 3)

• Members
  • rsps
  • 5 posts
  • Time Online: 11h 1m 4s

How can one get triggered at their OWN weight thats crazy..

Kong

Kong

Abyssal Demon (level: 124)

• Members
  • rsps
  • 163 posts
  • Username(s):Kong
  • Time Online: 13h 18m 46s
Hahahahah this is what our world has come to today, might want to get rid of mirrors too.
  • Infamous likes this

Oii

Oii

• Maxed

• rsps
  • 103 posts
  • Username(s):Oi
  • Clan:Solo
  • Time Online: 5d 1h 32m 3s

real athletes always follow their weight

Hello world! Have fun!

Knights

Knights

Noob (level: 3)

• Maxed
  • rsps
  • 7 posts
  • Username(s):Knights
  • Time Online: 1d 9h 30m 8s

I feel you man, my college is removing bench press bars because they are "too intimidating." It's a sad thing to see our generation becoming so soft. 

TheOne

TheOne

Moss Giant (level: 51)

• Diamond Donator

• rsps
  • 61 posts
  • Username(s):Theone
  • Time Online: 1d 19h 17m 52s

real athletes always follow their weight

Ehh as far as lifting goes, weight is much less important than body fat to muscle ratio.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users